I could not place Dan's craftsmanship or communication any higher. From the very first email to gather info, all the way through to the amazingly fast postage to get my packs to my door, Dan was there to assist and give his honest opinion of which I really appreciated. Dan is a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to the practicality of the packs and won't steer you in the wrong direction as far as fabric choice, in fact he only works with what he knows works. The packs themselves exhibit some of the highest quality stitching I've seen in a handmade product and I am more than happy with the final result. If you are after a hand crafted, field tested ultralight bag, look no further than this amazing Aussie company. Thank you Dan! Now to get them out on the trail and wave the Wilderness Threadworks flag proudly!!!
Ossa 48LAdd to Wishlist
The Ossa is a 48 litre pack features load lifters, removable frame sheet, and foam back panel to increase the load carrying capabilities. These features make it a great pack for people transitioning from a more traditional backpack.
Lead time is currently 8-10 weeks.
- Total pack volume: 48 litres capacity
- Main Pack: 40 litres
- Front pocket: 5 litres
- Side pockets 3 litres
- Loaded dimensions - Bottom girth - 92cm Top girth - 93cm Height (three rolls) - 73cm
- Total weight: 970g (please allow for a variance of 30g for fabric options and sizing)
- Stripped weight: 775g (less frame sheet and foam)
- Recommended comfort load limit - 14kg
- X-Pac or 210D Gridstop fabric used on pack body and bottom.
- Shoulder straps are constructed using 3D spacer mesh, 10mm high-density foam, black X-Pac face fabric and finished with daisy-chained webbing
- Side pockets are built from black X-Pac fabric with a durable fabric sleeve that houses the replaceable bungee cord closure. These pockets are cut low at the back panel junction to allow for in & out access while the pack is on.
- Large mesh front pocket is built from non-stretch, open mesh to allow gear to dry faster and water to drain away more easily than tight weave mesh fabrics. A durable Fabric sleeve houses the replaceable bungee cord closure.
- 6 x loops for lacing bungee over front pocket
- The hip belt is constructed using 3D spacer mesh, 10mm high-density foam and black X-Pac face fabric
- Load lifter straps to help keep heavier loads centred and minimise pack sag
- Removable high-density polyethylene frame sheet and 10mm back panel support foam
- Back panel sleeve with secure hook & loop closure to house frame sheet and back panel foam support
- Roll top closure secured with Y strap compression over the top
- 1 x side panel bungee cord with line loc on each side panel above side pocket
- 1 x Webbing strap with side realease buckle on each side panel. This helps compress side panels and lets you cinch the pack in when you require less volume.
- 5 x back panel loops for using the external pad attachment system (1 x length of bungee cord is supplied)
- All internal seams are bound
- Adjustable sternum strap
Please look over the backpack sizing page for instructions on how to measure up.
Please contact me for all custom enquiries.